Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something for the Body

Ok ladies, here is some big news and OMG am I excited! I know many of you might not be as excited as I am, but the Biggest Loser franchise is coming out with a video game. They are probably a little late with this since there is already the Wii Fit, but I love the Biggest Loser team and I find them to be so helpful.



Now, don’t get me wrong. I am all about being lazy and having days where anything goes and you just eat whatever you want, but I also believe that it is important to keep up a healthy lifestyle and what better way than to do it with a video game! I have never tried the Wii Fit, but have heard great things. However, I don’t feel that the workouts I have seen are enough for me; especially since I am looking to tone up myself (I blame all the chocolate makers). From what I have seen, this new Biggest Loser game seems to be perfect for me, and if it’s anything like their workout videos you will work up a great sweat. Trust me; I haven’t been able to move my legs for the last 2 days!

So here are the details. It is coming out sometime this fall and will be available on the Wii and the DS. Now the great thing is that it is compatible with the Wii balance board (sold separately), but you also don’t have to use it if money is a little tight. There are four great ways to achieve the goals that you have set for yourself.

First there is the fitness program, which puts the player in a scenario just like the actual television show. You choose from a 4, 8 or 12 week program and you compete for the title of Biggest Loser (not a bad thing if you haven’t seen the show). Second, there is the Health and Lifestyle feature which includes tips from the trainers and provides some awesome recipes from their show. The third way they help you achieve your goal is with the Exercise Routine feature. This is where you can customize your workouts to fit exactly what you like; working on specific body part, your skill level and even work around your schedule. The last great feature is called Challenge Events, which takes the exercises that you have learned over the course of your program and creates a series of tests that challenges you in a fun way that will help you establish which exercises you need to work on more.

Some other great features that you will see are the characters that you get to choose from, which happen to be former contestants on the show; a huge variety of exercises that you can do right in your own living from, anything from yoga to kick boxing. You can also track your progress with the virtual calendar which tells you when your weigh-ins are scheduled as well as track your progress. And my favorite feature is the monitoring tool, which monitors your calorie intake and then gives you healthy tips and advice based on what you are eating.

I hope that you guys are excited as I am about this new workout game. Do you think it will be as fun as it sounds or just too hard?




No comments:

Post a Comment