Friday, July 15, 2011

Hello!

Hi Everyone! I am back after a long vacation. Its been quite a year and a half, but I am finally able to start up again with some new game reviews and PLENTY of opinions that I know everyone cares so much about.

Since we last talked, I've had a ton of fun with a lot of different games, but only a few are worth the exercise for my tired little fingers. Cataclysm came out, and in the beginning, it was pretty awesome.

There are 5 new zones, with Uldum being my favorite. You get to go on an adventure with Harrison Jones. However, one major thing I didn't like is that Northrend has become completely obsolete. Stormwind and Orgrimmar have again become the main cities for the Alliance and the Horde, so there isn't as much interaction between the opposing factions. This happened for several reasons: They re-constructed the cities, and made them the starting points for all leveling. In order to make Northrend obsolete, they took out all of the portals in Dalaran. In order to get anywhere, you have to be in one of the main cities where the zeppelins are located, and who doesn't love waiting for a zeppelin for 5 minutes when you can just click on a portal and be there instantly? I think a lot of people have been more than a little disappointed with most of the changes that took place in Cata. I was one of them, and after 2 years of playing, I just up and quit one day out of utter boredom. When I went back on about 2 months later, I realized that my ENTIRE GUILD had left at the same time I did, and not a single one has returned to the game since. Also, I am now seeing advertisements that are offering free play up to level 20... What?! Oh Blizzard, what happened?! I will say, however, that I recently went back to see what it was like since the 4.2 patch came out (but only because it was free, hehe) and it seems a bit reinvigorated. The new quests are interesting, and unlike the Cataclysm quests, they actually relate to the game's lore. I <3 Thrall and Agra. In my opinion, if you left WoW after Cata out of sheer boredom, I would use the free game time and try out 4.2. You might actually be surprised.

Now, there was a point when I was getting a bit nervous because I wan't sure how to spend my time anymore. It use to be taken up with endless hours of raiding and pawning noobs. So when I took a break from WoW I got real bored! I played other games like Portal 2 and Castle Crashes, but they just weren't filling that void that WoW left in my little gamer heart. Then I was introduced to a little something called Minecraft.

If you haven't heard about this new world filled with endless opportunities please dig yourself out of that hidey-hole you live in and see what the rest of the gaming world is obsessed with! http://www.minecraft.net/ Its amazing!!! Its a pixelated world, bringing you back to the good old days. Expect this time you get to build the world yourself. But don't be fooled, because the sun quickly sets and surviving your first night is more scary than Richard Simmons in an 80s workout video. Trust me, my neighbors heard my screams during my first night of survival against the creepers, zombies and skeletons that you will face. If you think boomers and elites are scary, try going up again a pixelate angry green giraffe that will blow you up. Make sure you at least try the demo, as I too, was very spectacle at first because I wasn't releasing that inner creative dragon that I have bottled up inside, but now I can't stop playing! You can basically do anything you want in this world. I've built a tree house with a a swimming pool and a yard full of dogs (I think about 20 now). Or, you can use resources to build things, such as a real computer that works, like one genius out there on youtube! A game designer by the name of Notch is the creator, and the game is still in beta. They currently offer a discounted price, so buy it now before it is officially released on 11.11.11.

While you're at it, you should have a look at the Yogscast. Simon and Lewis (a.k.a. Xephos and Honeydew) are two hilarious Brits who play Minecraft, as well as review games. You can check them out over at The Yogiverse (http://yogiverse.com/cmps_index.php). I promise they won't disappoint!

"Diggy Diggy Hole"

Well, you know what I have been up to for the last year or so now. Do you think there was anything I missed out on that I need to go back and check out? Let me know in the comments below!

For now, I will leave you with Simon and Lewis surviving their first night.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment